New reports document federal progress on collateral consequences
The Presidential Memorandum that formally established the Reentry Council in April 2016 mandated a report documenting the Council’s accomplishments to date and plans moving forward. The resulting report, The Federal Interagency Reentry Council: A Record of Progress and a Roadmap for the Future, was issued today.
Also today the White House issued a fact sheet with new commitments to the Fair Chance Business Pledge.
Finally, the Justice Department released a National Reentry Week After Action Report.
We will be taking a close look at these reports on the federal government’s recent efforts to address collateral consequences, and expect to post the results of our review shortly.
- California poised for major change in fair employment law - September 22, 2017
- Nevada’s good sealing law gets better - September 1, 2017
- A closer look at Indiana’s expungement law - August 30, 2017
- “Presidential pardons have lost their true purpose” - August 29, 2017
- Illinois enacts boadest sealing law in Nation - August 25, 2017
- Preview of 50-state report on effective relief mechanisms - August 17, 2017
- PA high court holds sex offender registration unconstitutional - July 19, 2017
- Sex offender consequences in the Supreme Court – what’s ahead? - July 18, 2017
- Fair Credit Reporting Act applied to criminal records - July 18, 2017
- Introducing the new Restoration of Rights Project - June 28, 2017