New reports document federal progress on collateral consequences
The Presidential Memorandum that formally established the Reentry Council in April 2016 mandated a report documenting the Council’s accomplishments to date and plans moving forward. The resulting report, The Federal Interagency Reentry Council: A Record of Progress and a Roadmap for the Future, was issued today.
Also today the White House issued a fact sheet with new commitments to the Fair Chance Business Pledge.
Finally, the Justice Department released a National Reentry Week After Action Report.
We will be taking a close look at these reports on the federal government’s recent efforts to address collateral consequences, and expect to post the results of our review shortly.
- PA high court holds sex offender registration unconstitutional - July 19, 2017
- Sex offender consequences in the Supreme Court – what’s ahead? - July 18, 2017
- Fair Credit Reporting Act applied to criminal records - July 18, 2017
- Introducing the new Restoration of Rights Project - June 28, 2017
- Defendant entitled to “Hail Mary” effort to avoid deportation - June 24, 2017
- Scholarship round-up IV - June 23, 2017
- “Justice Alito’s misleading claim about sex offender rearrests” - June 22, 2017
- Court rules sex offenders cannot be barred from social media - June 20, 2017
- Introducing the Compilation of Federal Collateral Consequences - June 15, 2017
- “Back to Business” – A report on fair chance hiring policies - June 13, 2017